2.8.09

one day we’re gonna live in Paris, I promise.

So I’m off to Paris very soon - this Tuesday, 4th of August. I already stuffed my mp3 player with various Francoise Hardy and Jacques Dutronc compilations, didn’t forget about Empire of the Sun (in case of 35 degrees Celsius weather, an ideal music) and Jefferson Airplane (accompanied me all the way to Italy last year).
My biggest problem as usual is ’How much money?’ and ’Will I turn again into impulsive young lady without grey brain cells?’. Whenever on foreign journeys, I buy lots of things, well, magazines, books, accesories, not that much of clothes and shoes really. Last time I returned home from Manchester thinking about the cheap cheap dress in Primark, the amazing blazer in Topshop and the perfect boots in Urban Outfitters. Damn moi, I spent all the cash through first three days.
I WANT TO BECOME A BETTER, NON-IMPULSIVE, MORE FASHION-ORIENTED BUYER.

And this is my very Parisian wishlist (as to "prove" the official statement above, my wishlist contains again a book and an accesory...):
I hope to find a breath-taking second-hand bookstore with thousands of good books at good prices. Charles Baudelaire is one of the first things that come to my mind when hearing ’Paris’, therefore the purchasing of his greatest piece of work, ’Fleurs du mal’ in French.

An absolute TOP of all wishlist I have ever created for myself. I’ve been yearning for Mona Lisa canvas tote bag for too long now. There is a nasty procedure after buying this - I plan to scribble L.H.O.O.Q. down there and draw a nice moustache over her lips. If you don’t understand what I’m talking about, teach yourself.

With a tight budget, I hope to get at least stuff above. And a pair of cool shoes or dress.

PS. I hope to write some posts about my visit in Paris and show you photos. Do you want some?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEADER PICTURE BY